Pediatric Dentist Directory. Find the Best Pediatric Dentists in Pediatric Dentistry
Pediatric Dentistry is an age-defined specialty that provides primary and comprehensive preventive and therapeutic oral health care for infants and children through adolescence. During this "growth" phase of a child, special approaches are needed in dealing with their behavior, and guiding their dental growth and development in order to avoid future dental problems. Pediatric dentists have an additional two years of training to acquaint themselves with the special needs and remedies available to children. Pediatric dentists advocate regular appointments for dental checkups, particularly during these formative years.
Any parent will realize the importance of maintaining good, healthy teeth for their children. As we all know, each and everyone of us were born with a first set of primary teeth (baby teeth) that will be replaced by our permanent set of teeth – usually a full set of permanent teeth will be evident by the time we are 14 years of age. Although we will all develop this eventual set of permanent teeth, our original baby teeth is highly important in our development. This is why it is of paramount importance to sustain a healthy set of baby teeth before our permanent set of teeth replaces them.
* Healthy baby teeth are crucial in helping the baby learn how to speak properly.
* Healthy looking teeth are important in building self-confidence and self-esteem at an early age. Small children can be cruel to one another, and are quick to tease peers about ugly looking or decayed teeth. Additionally, bad breath resulting from poor dental hygiene can make your child an outcast among peers.
* Baby teeth serve as spacers that maintain the proper spacing and alignment of the teeth so that permanent teeth have enough room to come in.
* Baby teeth are important in proper feeding and nutrition. A recent study has illustrated a potential link between the number of cavities a child has and the probability of the child being underweight.
* Poor dental care can easily lead to childhood periodontal (gum) disease. This is a condition in which bacteria invade the gums and ligaments supporting the teeth. Unchecked, periodontal disease can cause baby teeth to fall out prematurely and bone to erode. This creates major problems for permanent teeth, if and when, they do come in.
So if you have a baby arriving shortly, or have a growing interest in your children’s oral hygiene, then you have come to the right site. We have invested much time and energy in acquiring all relevant dental information and organizing it in a user-friendly manner, for this comprehensive website. Whatever your concern is about pediatric dentistry, we are confident that we will be answer your queries, either with the information contained within one of our pages or by connecting you with one our network of specialists.
We understand that the proper care of baby teeth is not only important now but for the future as well. Early dental care gets a child accustomed to a clean cavity free mouth. Because children become accustomed to clean teeth they will continue with the proper habits to ensure this clean feeling in the future as well.
We hope that you realize this and give your child the best means possible to achieve optimal dental health.
Dentists in Beverly Hills, CA
Dr. Kevin B. Sands specializes in cosmetic dentistry, taking pride in offering the finest in patient care and services to each and every patient. He is determined to give you the smile you deserve! In fact, some of the most beautiful smiles in Hollywood have come through our doors. Dr. Kevin B. Sands has trained with some of the worlds most prominent cosmetic dental specialists. He is rapidly becoming known Beverly Hills leading cosmetic dentist for people ...