Mercury Filling Removal Dallas Dental Fillings

Common silver fillings, or amalgams, have been used in dentistry for over 150 years.ᅠ However these fillings, with is composed of over 50% mercury, have recently generated considerable controversy because of the toxic nature of mercury which can be released from the fillings and absorbed into different parts of the body ヨ most notably the brain, liver, and kidneys.ᅠ

There are an increasing number of reports linking many health problems to the mercury found in silver fillings.ᅠ Scientists agree that when absorbed in high enough doses, mercury, in all its chemical forms, can damage the brain, nervous system, kidneys and other organs, especially in infants and children.ᅠ Major symptoms of mercury toxicity include emotional instability, tremors, gingivitis, and kidney failure.ᅠ Some also believe mercury may be linked to multiple sclerosis and epileptic seizures.ᅠ Further, its affect on the body's immune system is potentially devastating, possibly contributing to diseases such as leukemia and hematopoietic dycrasias.ᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠ

Thus many dentists are addressing this problem with mercury filling removal and replacement with a non-mercury alternative.

Have specific questions?

All Article Categories

Before & After Photos

Suggested Doctors

Recently Asked Questions